If you are looking for a compilation of blog posts on tips for workplace trainers, facilitators, and managers, here they are!
I’m not a professional writer, but I am fascinated by the dynamic and ever-changing world of work. I try to stay updated and equipped with effective techniques to excel in these roles.
The field of workplace training and facilitation is vital for fostering growth, enhancing productivity, and creating a positive work environment.
As a manager or trainer, you must possess the necessary skills and knowledge to lead and guide your team effectively. With that in mind, I have compiled a series of blog posts that will be useful to you.
By delving into these blog posts, I hope you will gain many insights, tips, and strategies to enhance your workplace trainer, facilitator, and manager skills.
I hope you find these resources valuable in your professional journey.
- Motivational topics for team meetingsMotivational topics for team meetings are strategically designed to inspire and energize team members,… Read more: Motivational topics for team meetings
- Workplace Trainer Skills – Advanced TechniquesFor some time now, I’ve wanted to write about workplace trainer skills on the… Read more: Workplace Trainer Skills – Advanced Techniques
- How to develop your voice speakingThere is NOTHING like a strong, commanding speaking voice. Years ago, I remember the… Read more: How to develop your voice speaking
- Overcoming Self-DoubtSelf-doubt is a common human experience characterized by a nagging, pervasive feeling of uncertainty… Read more: Overcoming Self-Doubt
- Top questions to ask management consultantsI was sitting here thinking about what questions used to stump me when I… Read more: Top questions to ask management consultants
- The Blue Leadership StyleDoes your personality lead with your heart? Do you often dream of a better… Read more: The Blue Leadership Style
- Reflections on being a management consultantMuch of my time as a management consultant has revolved around helping managers build… Read more: Reflections on being a management consultant
- How much to charge for facilitating a workshopIf you’re wondering how much to charge for facilitating a workshop, let me tell… Read more: How much to charge for facilitating a workshop
- 2 FANTASTIC Team Cohesion ActivitiesI love thinking about teams. Though I’m no longer working as a teambuilding consultant,… Read more: 2 FANTASTIC Team Cohesion Activities
- What is the first step in a training design process?I have over thirty years of experience as a workplace trainer. In my experience,… Read more: What is the first step in a training design process?
- Awesome Learning and Development QuotesBefore I share my learning and development quotes, let me first say, in today’s… Read more: Awesome Learning and Development Quotes
- Sample Training ProgramWhile I worked for Girl Scouts as a training manager for over ten years,… Read more: Sample Training Program
- How to train the trainer – 7 tips you can useAre you looking for a comprehensive guide on the “how to train the trainer”… Read more: How to train the trainer – 7 tips you can use
- Teaching philosophy for trainersI was thinking, a training philosophy for trainers is a good idea because it… Read more: Teaching philosophy for trainers
- How to make a good slideshowStep #1 in planning training and development is to create good learning aids. The… Read more: How to make a good slideshow
- Sample training facilitator professional development planLet me ask you a question: if you’re a training facilitator, have you ever… Read more: Sample training facilitator professional development plan
- What makes a good training?Did you know some theories suggest traditional learning systems were influenced by experimental psychologists?… Read more: What makes a good training?
- Video conferencing best practicesNo two ways about it. Hosting virtual meetings is now more a “thing” than… Read more: Video conferencing best practices
- What are soft skills questions to ask an applicant?Soft skills questions to discover a person’s skill level… After a yucky customer service… Read more: What are soft skills questions to ask an applicant?
- How do I start conducting a workshop?Tips for conducting a workshop that WORKS! I’ll begin with why I love this… Read more: How do I start conducting a workshop?
- How do I get my employees to like me?Generally speaking, who doesn’t want to be liked, right? When I was a new… Read more: How do I get my employees to like me?
- Schedule a True Colors or Online teambuilding!It may seem impossible for individuals with different values, strengths, backgrounds, and needs to work… Read more: Schedule a True Colors or Online teambuilding!
- Patti LaBelle Leadership LessonLife sure can deliver a lesson in the unlikeliest of places. What I learned… Read more: Patti LaBelle Leadership Lesson
- Great Tips for webinar speakersAre you leading a webinar? I can’t wait to share my training checklist and… Read more: Great Tips for webinar speakers
- The Orange Leadership StyleBefore I touch on the Orange leadership style, let me explain what I’m talking… Read more: The Orange Leadership Style
- The Green LeaderThe Green Leader is a visionary with an aptitude for understanding systems and concepts… Read more: The Green Leader
- A Gold Temperament ManagerLet’s explore how the Gold Temperament manages teams and leads others. Your personality influences… Read more: A Gold Temperament Manager
- What is True Colors?Have you wondered: What is True Colors in Kansas City? Simply put, True Colors… Read more: What is True Colors?
- Difference between team-building and team cohesionWhenever I’m contracted to facilitate True Colors™’ team-building workshops, I often ask the client… Read more: Difference between team-building and team cohesion
- Personality and LeadershipLet’s ponder Your personality and leadership Style. Managing people can be tricky. No, it is… Read more: Personality and Leadership
- Training Kansas City Youth for SuccessI’m a better “aunt” than “mom” …when it comes to other people’s kids, that is.… Read more: Training Kansas City Youth for Success
- Dressing inappropriately for an interviewBeware: dressing inappropriately for aa job interview can be totally avoided. I felt so… Read more: Dressing inappropriately for an interview
- Managing Volunteers -Tips for Volunteer ManagersManaging volunteers is the trickiest of management situations. It requires a share of intentionality,… Read more: Managing Volunteers -Tips for Volunteer Managers
- Email etiquette rules in the workplaceToday’s topic: email etiquette rules in the workplace. Have you ever been completely awestruck… Read more: Email etiquette rules in the workplace
- 5 Top Conversation Starters for NetworkingLooking for conversation startersfor networking? Your boss conspicuously walks around talking to you. The incessant roar… Read more: 5 Top Conversation Starters for Networking
- Team maintenance in the workplace – Kansas City WorkshopsI think team maintenance is more important than team building. Team maintenance in the… Read more: Team maintenance in the workplace – Kansas City Workshops
- Handling Workplace DistractionsWorkplace distractions can be so…distracting! Here are a few more examples: Your boss conspicuously… Read more: Handling Workplace Distractions
- Diversity training is stupidDiversity training – as I’ve experienced it – is a fluke. Let me use… Read more: Diversity training is stupid